The space is nice, with fun spooky-ish decorations. On 8 PM on a Wednesday it was way too cramped, loud and dark for my taste. At 5:45 on a Saturday, it was a bit better on all three counts.
On the time I arrived when it was full, we had cocktails in the lounge area while we waited. They have a fun cocktail menu, all $10. They also have fun bar snacks, such as a $6 daily taco, $5 pumpkin seed cracklins, and a $6 scotch egg.
The menu changes constantly, so you can't expect all of these things to be there, at least in this exact form, if you go.
|Pumpkin, Cheddar, and Ale Soup - $10 - with pickled porcinis and fried sage - The pickled mushrooms brought so much flavor to this soup whose flavors otherwise blend with beautiful subtlety. I loved it.|
Our server couldn't sing the praises of the Ploughman and the Farmer highly enough, so we got those.
Chicken Liver Pate
|The Farmer - $14 - Cremont, Great Hills Blue, Clothbound Cheddar, heirloom apples & pears, concord grapes, honeycomb - I think this one stays pretty constant on the menu, and for good reason.|
|Everything was awesome. I'd never had such flavorful grapes before, and the honeycomb could bring tears to your eyes.|
|Potato Skins - $14 - with foie gras, mission figs and brie - This, however, was my favorite dish of the first night. Fortunately, it's still on the menu. TGI Fridays ain't got shit on these potato skins!|
|In the restroom they have creepy decorations like these.|
Foodie Asshole Lunch Highlights:
- Tuscan Bread Soup - $10 - cranberry beans, prosciutto, mustard greens, kale, parmesan
- Carpet Burger 2.0 - $17 - fried oysters, sweet & hot zucchini pickles, mayo (and more good burgers, served with fries or greens)
Foodie Asshole Brunch Highlights:
- GRAPEFRUIT BRULÉE - $4
- BRAISED PORK BELLY & SWEET POTATO HASH - $14 - pineapple braised belly, peppers & onions, poached egg
- WILD MUSHROOMS ON BRIOCHE -$14 - hen of the woods, chive scrambled eggs, greens
- FRIED CHICKEN & WAFFLES - $14 - caramelized apples & pears, walnuts, honey
- PORTUGUESE EGG SANDWICH - $10 - smoked ham & bratwurst, swiss scrambled eggs, sage-mustard gravy (This obviously means it's on a Portuguese Roll, which is of course one of the world's best forms of bread.)